While working in Sage 100 ERP, a number of issues can occur when opening task windows:
- Windows open behind another already opened task window
- They open but are minimized at the bottom, displaying on a Windows taskbar
- They open but appear out of focus
In most cases, these issues indicate that another installed program or feature has modified the “ForegroundLockTimeout” file in the machine’s system registry. This setting controls how much time is allotted to focus on a newly opened task; this value is in milliseconds. See Microsoft’s TechNet site for more information on registry files.
1. From the Windows desktop, click Start
2. In the Run field or search field, type REGEDIT and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
3. Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Control Panel | Desktop
- While Desktop is selected on the left pane, the right pane of the Registry Editor window should display all associated keys.
4. Browse to the “ForegroundLockTimeout” registry key; double-click it to open.
5. In the Value data field, remove what is there and enter the number “0.”
7. Back in the Registry Editor window, click File and click
Note: This process is specific to Windows user profiles and will have to be performed for each user experiencing the issue. The administrator will have to modify the “ForegroundLockTimeout” registry key value for each remote user. A group policy can be created that modifies this key for all remote users.
For more information about this topic, please contact a BKD Technologies Sage professional.