FORVIS professionals help with the operational challenges of handling budget cuts, online fraud, adapting with eco-standards, maintaining technological competitiveness, and dependence upon government budgets.
Each day you bring your commitment, innovation, and heart to drive your school’s mission. In the midst of a post-pandemic environment, aging campus infrastructure, and changing student demographics, making a college or university thrive is no easy task. FORVIS can help.
We aim to help your university be financially stable and compliant with regulatory standards so you can take advantage of opportunities, meet student needs, and prepare for what’s next. FORVIS has significant hands-on experience with colleges and universities across the United States from small, private colleges to large, public universities.
Our focus is on being your trusted business advisor, keeping you aware of emerging audit, tax, and industry issues as well as communicating effectively with key stakeholders, including your audit committees and board of trustees.
2023 Higher Education R3 Summit: Risks. Regulations. Reputation.
We understand that navigating the challenges facing the higher education industry isn't easy. That's why we host our annual in-person Higher Education R3 Summit focused on the hot topics and issues you care about. Find a CPE-eligible event near you and register today!
2023 Annual Higher Education Outlook
The focus of this year’s Outlook is turning the one-time gains from the pandemic into positive economic momentum. Some of this activity also carried into FY 2022, including ERC being harvested. Knowing this largesse will end shortly is a reminder that forward vision is more important than ever.
Financial analysis is more sophisticated than ever. FORVIS can help higher education institutions with these needs:
- Financial Statement Audits, Reviews, & Compilations
- Uniform Guidance Single Audits
- Financial Aid Attestation Services
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits
- Internal Auditing & Internal Controls
- New Accounting Standard Implementation
- Agreed-Upon Procedures
FORVIS’ tax-exempt professionals prepare more than 3,600 Form 990s each year for organizations across the country. In addition, we proactively help identify potential tax and payroll risks, worker classification issues, and unrelated business income sources.
Our professionals can help you with the following services:
- Form 990 and 1120 Preparation Services
- Unrelated Business Income (UBI) Consulting
- Executive Compensation & Excess Benefit Analysis
- Tax Risk Assessments
- Transfer Pricing Studies
- Foreign Withholding Tax Assessment
- Foreign Account Reporting
- New Business & Joint Venture Consulting
- State Solicitation and Filing Requirements
FORVIS’ experienced professionals are ready to assist you with a variety of higher education needs:
- Financial Sustainability Services
- Program Economic Analysis
- Financial & Scenario Modeling
- Financial Health Assessments
- IPEDS Benchmarking
- Grants Management Services
- Governance and Strategy Consulting
- Compensation Consulting Services
- Cybersecurity & IT Risk
- Forensics & Valuation
- Fraud & Ethics Hotline
- Technology Solutions
- Environmental, Social, & Governance (ESG) Consulting
The Education team at FORVIS can provide solution-driven services to help you drive growth and make informed decisions.