SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Android | RSS
Due to the SARS-CoV-2 virus (COVID-19), Washington recently enacted legislation providing various relief measures. In episode two of our COVID-19 Response Series, guest Ryan Peterson and host Damien Martin discuss the payroll-related provisions provided under this new relief. We’ll cover items of common confusion, identify areas needing additional guidance and explain what these newly enacted provisions may mean for you and your business. We’ll also hear from Yelena Bosovik and Julia Dengel on the expansion of emergency family and medical leave and employer tax credits. Here’s what’s covered:
- Payroll-specific relief under the Families First Coronavirus Relief Act (FFCRA) @02:39
- FAQ on the specifics of the relief provided under the FFCRA @06:46
- Employee retention credit under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) @15:03
- A few things should be doing now @20:44
- Common misconceptions @24:49
- Delay of payment of employer payroll and self-employment taxes @27:48
- Ryan’s recommended approach to the relief provisions @29:50
- Closing thoughts @31:17
BIO FOR GUESTS
Ryan Peterson is a director in BKD’s Chicago practice and provides outsourced accounting, consulting and advisory services for closely held organizations and their shareholders. His other areas of expertise include traditional accounting, payroll and sales taxation, financial statement preparation and small business accounting software package assistance. Ryan serves numerous clients in the healthcare, manufacturing, professional services and not-for-profit industries.
Connect with Ryan on LinkedIn
Yelena Bosovik serves as a national senior associate in BKD’s National Office Tax Department.
Connect with Yelena on LinkedIn
Julia Dengel serves as a national tax manager in BKD’s National Office Tax Department.
Connect with Julia on LinkedIn
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX®
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our
A complete archive of our episodes is available on our
We’d love to hear from you! Email feedback and questions to
Connect with Damien on social media!