SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Android | RSS
What are environmental, social, and governance (ESG) standards? How do they affect my business? Host Damien Martin sits down with guest Dirk Cockrum to define ESG, explain its potential effects, describe various ESG frameworks, and share how to get started on building your program. Here’s what’s covered:
- What’s ESG?
- Why businesses, owners, and investors should pay attention to it
- Factors that have driven the increase in interest in recent years
- Myths or common misconceptions about ESG
- How is reporting around ESG developed and what should businesses know about it?
- Tips for those looking at implementing an ESG program
- Predictions regarding ESG for 2022 and beyond
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR OUR GUEST
Dirk Cockrum is the national ESG practice leader for BKD National Enterprise Risk Solutions Practice. He has more than 25 years of experience working in the energy and transportation industries’ operations and financial systems. Dirk’s background includes leading ESG program development and strategic energy transition initiatives, helping improve operations performance and risk management processes, and leveraging information technology and business process improvement to help improve efficiency and quality.
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX®
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our
A complete archive of our episodes is available on our
We’d love to hear from you! Email feedback and questions to
Connect with Damien on social media!