Transition & Succession Planning
Positioning owners to transition their business at the right time, to the right successors, under the right terms and conditions.
Financial performance, growth potential, management team strength, capital needs, competitive dynamics, business cycle timing, market conditions - All impact a business’s value and strategic alternatives.
Lifestyle needs and/or retirement, wealth diversification, tax considerations, estate planning, charitable giving, impact on employees and customers, legacy - All factor into which transition/exit options will meet a business owner’s needs and goals.
FORVIS Corporate Finance works with business owners and their families to develop exit plans that consider all relevant factors and all strategic options – which may include a management buyout, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), recapitalization, or sale of the company (minority or majority). A carefully crafted transition plan is a roadmap that helps owners to enhance value, avoid pitfalls, and improve the likelihood of achieving their goals upon exit.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Advising private business owners on the sale of their company or the acquisition of others. Wall Street expertise with Main Street touch.
FORVIS Corporate Finance provides best-in-class M&A advisory services to private companies and their owners. Clients benefit from our team members’ decades of transaction experience and our guiding belief that a $10 million transaction deserves the same level of attention and excellence as does a $500 million transaction. We also understand that – particularly when it comes to companies owned by entrepreneurs, founders, and families – price always matters but is rarely the only thing that matters.
Whether engaged to help a company’s owners evaluate a single unsolicited offer, to conduct a broad and comprehensive sale process, or anything in between, we approach each sell-side M&A assignment with an unmatched focus on identifying, revisiting, and achieving our client’s specific goals. Our role in advising business sellers typically involves:
- Providing market knowledge and insight on potential buyers
- Enhancing the transaction process’s credibility and competitive dynamics
- Provide analytical support and developing compelling marketing materials
- Coordinating and managing the entire process, from initial buyer outreach to due diligence to closing
- Assisting with negotiations and serving as intermediary
- Minimizing disruption to the company during the process
In select situations, FORVIS Corporate Finance also provides targeted buy-side advisory services to companies looking to grow by acquiring other private businesses. We work closely with our buy-side clients from initial concept through transaction closing. We closely study our client’s products and services, markets, and industry to develop both target acquisition criteria and a strategy for sourcing and executing transactions that meet their objectives.
Capital Structure & Strategy
Serving as a proven and trusted advisor to business owners on key strategic initiatives.
FORVIS Corporate Finance’s extensive transaction expertise and experience working with private business owners uniquely qualifies us to assist companies with critical strategic initiatives that impact shareholder value. In addition to advising on mergers and acquisitions, we assist clients in evaluating other financial and strategic opportunities including growth strategy, management buyouts, ESOPs, recapitalizations, partnerships, and tax and estate planning.
Our capabilities include:
- Reviewing strategic alternatives with company boards, executives, and shareholders
- Evaluating and prioritizing growth opportunities
- Providing analytical support and financial modeling
- Identifying and evaluating potential business partners and capital providers
- Assisting in selection and management of other key professional service providers including legal counsel, due diligence firms, accountants, and tax experts