This content was published prior to the merger of equals between BKD and DHG on June 1, 2022. See all FORsights for the most up-to-date articles, webinars, and videos.
Infection Control Strategies – Moving Forward into the New Normal
For the last 18 months, infection control has been a focus as healthcare providers at all levels have battled the fight against COVID-19. With the emergence of the Delta variant and increasing COVID-19 positivity rates, it is clear there will be an ongoing focus on infection control strategies in healthcare from regulatory agencies as well as the public.
In this webinar, we will provide insights into how healthcare can address the ongoing need for increased infection control processes to help identify and control the spread of infection. The webinar will:
- Review current state and federal requirements for infection control including vaccination, testing, PPE utilization, environmental precautions, and visitation for nursing homes and other congregate settings
- Discuss the effect of COVID-19 on future operations including the role of screening, surveillance, monitoring, reporting, and infection prevention in healthcare organizations
- Discuss strategies to consider in revising operational processes/procedures based on lessons learned during the COVID pandemic
- Discuss techniques for ongoing surveillance and monitoring of staff and facility performance regarding prevention and control of infections moving forward
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the current status of state and federal regulations governing infection control practices in their organization
- Identify operational processes that may require review and revision based on lessons learned from COVID-19
- Identify strategies for ongoing monitoring of facility and staff performance in relationship to new infection control expectations
This webinar is intended for institution leaders only and is not available for CPE credit.