Inflation continues to outpace escalation rates and contractors continue to perform under fixed-price contracts with underlying costs increasing at rates significantly higher than the factors used to price the contracts. This is a severe challenge for both contractors and the government in determining fair and equitable contract prices going forward.
Please join Bill Walter and Gary McDonald of the GovCon Advisory group at FORVIS and their special guest John Tenaglia, DPC for the Department of Defense, as they discuss some of the government’s proposed solutions and other practical tools available in contract pricing:
- How is this impacting contractors and what are they doing?
- What is the government doing?
- What are contractors doing?
- What practical solutions do contracting officers and contractors have?
- What are advantages and disadvantages of each?
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the impact of inflation on contract prices
- Identify the challenges faced by both industry and the government on pricing
- Identify alternatives to help mitigate risks associated with the impact of inflation on federal contract pricing