FORVIS delivers assurance, tax, and advisory services to a multitude of government contractors.
We help government contractors adapt to industry changes, which is critical to their success in maintaining sustainability and turning a profit. We help with accounting systems, contractor purchasing & estimating systems, cybersecurity compliance, and cost accounting standards.
We collaborate with you to strengthen your processes and oversight around applicable FAR, CAS, and regulatory requirements so you can meet DCAA, DCMA, and SBA expectations.
When selling to the federal government, cost control, reporting, and documentation of all stages of the contract life cycle are critical. As compliance requirements, oversight, and cost pressures continue to increase, your company needs highly efficient operations, reasonable cost/price analyses, and robust accounting practices to succeed in this highly regulated and complicated environment.
The government contracting assurance group at FORVIS leverages in-depth government contracting industry knowledge and experience with accounting and assurance principles. Our integrated approach delves into common pitfalls, government contract compliance issues, value drivers, and overall management and profitability considerations. As a result, our teams not only understand GAAP, GAAS, and revenue recognition issues, but also build into their processes and can assess a company’s compliance with significant areas of applicable regulations required by a company’s government contract and subcontracts.
- Reviews and Compilations
- System and Organization Controls (SOC) 1, 2, 3
- General Examination
- Supply Chain
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits
- Examination report for business system adequacy
- Accounting System (SF1408)
- Estimating System
- Purchasing System (CPSR)
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
Our government contracting tax group works closely with our assurance and advisory teams to understand the industry risks and influences on planning and compliance decisions. These often lead into indirect rate recovery, executive compensation, and allowability/allocability impact discussions.
Our tax services include the following:
- Executive Compensation
- Federal Corporate Tax
- Financial Statement Tax Provisions
- International Tax
- M&A Tax Structuring
- R&D Tax Credits
- Sales & Use Tax
- State & Local Corporate Tax
- Tax Due Diligence
- Tax Process Improvement & Automation
- Transfer Pricing
- Wealth Management
FORVIS has an extensive government contracting advisory practice composed of professionals with significant experience in government contracts. We provide advice to our clients on finance, accounting, and compliance matters associated with government contracting and deliver comprehensive regulatory compliance services to a broad range of contractors, from some of the largest in the world to some of the smallest, emerging entities.
- Accounting Systems
- Business Systems
- Purchasing (CPSR)
- Materials Management Accounting (MMAS)
- Earned Value Management (EVMS)
- Government Property
- Contract Administration
- Cost Accounting Standards
- Cost Proposal Support
- DCAA / DCMA
- Government Contract Audit Support
- Incurred Cost Submission
- Indirect Rates/Cost Allocation
- Regulatory Compliance (FAR, CAS, DFARS)
- SBA Compliance
- Subcontract Administration
- CMMC (consulting and C3PAO certifications)
- Litigation support
- Dispute resolution
- Request for equitable adjustments/claims
- Internal audit and risk advisory
- Contract closeouts
- Outsource CFO services
- Transaction advisory (financial and tax diligence, quality of earnings, tax structuring)
- ERP services (evaluation, implementation, optimization)
- Customized training
Government contracting consultants and industry experts of FORVIS partner with leading companies to arrive at solutions.