FORVIS delivers accountability, continuity, and responsiveness from a dedicated team of construction and real estate specialists.
The accelerating economy is good news for construction and real estate. Bid lists are shorter, but margins remain thin, making strategic thinking on operational improvement, risk management, and retirement planning essential.
FORVIS can help. We can assist in combining sound accounting and financial performance with long-range strategic vision to build the asset value and operating income so critical for success.
Our experience is broad and knowledge deep. We work with general, specialty, and heavy/highway contractors, home builders; real estate managers and developers; architects; engineers; and closely held and private equity groups. Our real estate clients include investors, commercial and residential developers, brokers, agencies, property owner associations and management operations, partnerships, funds, and trusts. In addition, FORVIS building trades advisors include many with industry accreditations and certifications.
FORVIS provides confidence in your numbers. You depend on accurate, trustworthy information about your firm’s financial strength to make informed, well-founded decisions. Our assurance professionals take a proactive approach that includes candid and open communication to address your financial reporting needs. Our independence and objectivity help deliver the security and confidence you expect.
- Audits, Reviews & Compilations (including for HUD)
- Contract Compliance
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits
- Feasibility Studies
- Financial Risk Management
- Internal Audits & Controls
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Lease Accounting
- Outsourced Accounting
- Quality Reports for Boards, Audit Committees & the Public
- System & Organizational Controls Reports
- Uniform Guidance/Single Audit & HUD
FORVIS’ proactive approach to reducing your tax burden allows you to plan while also mitigating risk. And because virtually every financial decision can have tax implications, careful tax planning can make a big difference in the final outcome. We monitor state and federal legislative and regulatory activity and apply what we learn to our recommendations for reducing your corporate, partnership, and personal tax liabilities. Our tax specialists provide responsive, personal service and deliver solutions that meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
- Alternative Minimum Tax
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Credits & Incentives
- Estate Tax Planning
- Passive Activity Compliance
- Planning, Preparation & Filing for State, Local, Federal & International Tax
- Qualified Property Zones
- Reverse Sales Tax Audits & Property Tax Reviews
- Section 179D Program for Deductions on Energy-Efficient Buildings
- Tax-Free Exchanges
- Wealth Planning
You have needs beyond traditional assurance and tax. Technology. Restructuring. Mergers and acquisitions. Negotiations. Business valuations. New market assessments. Compensation planning. FORVIS’ suite of advisory services for the building trades includes these and more.
Our advisors start by listening to you. Then we methodically collaborate to address your pain points and help you reach your goals. Through the years, we can help you transition to new markets, structures, and leaders, each presenting challenges and opportunities. We draw from our knowledge bank of solutions to help you create competitive advantages and turn opportunities into success.
- Bonding, Insurance, & Licensing
- Budgets, Forecasts & Projections
- Compensation Planning
- Contract Claims Consulting
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans
- Environmental, Social, & Governance Advisory Services
- Forensics & Litigation Support
- Government-Assisted & Government-Insured Property
- Like-Kind (1031) Exchanges
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Qualified Opportunity Zones
- Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Risk Management
- Succession Planning
- Strategic Planning Succession Planning
- Technology Planning & Support
- Transaction Services
We’re CPAs and advisors. The FORVIS construction and real estate specialists apply their knowledge, sound judgment, and commitment to deliver solutions that meet your business and personal needs.