FORVIS delivers accountability, continuity, and responsiveness from a dedicated team of real estate specialists.
As the economy expands and contracts, successful real estate companies capitalize on opportunities. Our FORVIS team combines sound accounting and financial performance with long-range planning to help build the asset value and operating income so critical for success.
Real estate’s buying, selling, refinancing, and trading transactions often require complex financial analyses, flawless timing, and extensive knowledge of their governing regulations and tax implications. That's why companies turn to FORVIS to help make informed, timely decisions.
Our experience is broad and knowledge deep. We work with investors; commercial, residential, industrial, and international developers; brokers; agencies; owner and management associations; partnerships; funds; and trusts. These clients develop and manage shopping centers, strip centers, multifamily housing, residential developments, and rentals.
We keep current with best practices, emerging industry trends, and legislative and regulatory activity through trade associations. Using market data, your financial reporting, and operational metrics, we benchmark your current position and address strategic options.
FORVIS provides confidence in your numbers. You depend on accurate, trustworthy information about your firm’s financial strength to make informed, well-founded decisions. Our assurance professionals take a proactive approach that includes candid and open communication to address your financial reporting needs. Our independence and objectivity help deliver the security and confidence you expect.
- Accounting/Costing System Design/Reviews
- Audits, Reviews, & Compilations (including for HUD)
- Contract Compliance
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits
- Feasibility Studies
- Financial Risk Management
- Internal Audits & Controls
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Lease Accounting
- Outsourced Accounting
- Quality Reports for Boards, Audit Committees, & the Public
- System & Organizational Controls Reports
FORVIS’ proactive approach helping you manage your tax burden allows you to plan while also mitigating risk. And because virtually every financial decision can have tax implications, careful tax planning can make a big difference in the final outcome. We monitor state and federal legislative and regulatory activity and apply what we learn to our recommendations for reducing your corporate, partnership, and personal tax liabilities. Our experienced tax professionals provide responsive, personal service and deliver solutions that meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
- Alternative Minimum Tax
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Credits & Incentives
- Estate Tax Planning
- Passive Activity Compliance
- Planning, Preparation, & Filing for State, Local, Federal, & International Tax
- Qualified Property Zones
- Reverse Sales Tax Audits & Property Tax Reviews
- Section 179D Program for Deductions on Energy-Efficient Buildings
- Sustainability Tax Credits
- Tax-Free Exchanges
- Wealth Planning
Beyond tax, accounting, and regulatory compliance, FORVIS’ suite of advisory services addresses other planning and operational needs. We offer technical and planning solutions in digital transformation, cybersecurity, employee stock ownership plans, wealth management, and much more.
Our advisors start by listening to you. Then we methodically collaborate to address your pain points and reach your goals. Through the years, we can help you transition to new markets, structures, and leaders, each presenting challenges and opportunities. We draw from our knowledge bank of solutions to help you create competitive advantages and turn opportunities into success.
- Bonding, Insurance, & Licensing
- Budgets, Forecasts, & Projections
- Compensation Planning
- Contract Claims Consulting
- Cost System/Estimating Alignment
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans
- Environmental, Social, & Governance Advisory Services
- Executive Search
- Forensics & Litigation Support
- Government-Assisted & Government-Insured Property
- Like-Kind (1031) Exchanges
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Qualified Opportunity Zones
- Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Risk Management
- Strategic Planning
- Succession Planning
- Technology Planning & Support
- Transaction Services