Navigating the complexities of ESG and Climate Risk for a more sustainable future.
Our global economy has evolved and allowed us to accomplish amazing feats only dreamed about in generations past. As a result, we have changed the way we do business, the way we live, and how we interact with each other. Yet, at the same time, our interconnectedness as a global society has taxed our symbiotic relationship with the planet.
The formula for success and resilience has changed—and supporting our clients in how they respond to this new equation is our focus at FORVIS. Our offerings are designed to help clients achieve their goals in the backdrop of this new ESG landscape and contribute to the betterment of the world for generations to come.
ESG Strategy & Governance
Stakeholders and investors expect companies to identify and focus on the material ESG matters for the organization. A tailored approach is required due to the varying nature of businesses across industries and geographies as well as an organization’s impact on the environment and society. Thoroughly assessing scope and materiality drives prioritization of material ESG matters and leads to better alignment with strategy and optimized allocation of resources.
- ESG Materiality Assessment and Stakeholder Analysis
- End-to-End Program Design and Management
- Framework Assessment and Alignment
- Executive and Board Training and Education
- Sustainability Communications and Marketing
- ESG Strategic Development
- ESG Data and Technology Architecture Strategy
- ESG Policy Development
Climate Risk Management
Climate change represents an existential risk that we are yet to effectively manage. As society collectively navigates climate change impacts, businesses also need to consider the risks and opportunities that climate change poses on a more micro-level. New regulations, changing technologies, shifting market preferences, changing weather patterns, and more volatile weather events all intertwine to create a challenging business environment. FORVIS’ Climate Risk Management Solutions are designed to help our clients understand the impacts of climate change and design strategies to capitalize on opportunities and manage risks associated with this global imperative.
- Climate Risk and Opportunity Assessment
- Risk Management Process Integration
- Supply Chain/Third-Party Risk Management
- Climate Quantitative Solutions – Physical/Transition Risk Modeling and Validation
- Scenario Analysis and Stress Testing
- Climate Risk Data Strategy
- Climate Risk Appetite Statement
- Business Continuity Planning
- Climate Change Adaptation
Physical Climate Risk Dashboard – Powered by Jupiter Intelligence
The Physical Climate Risk Dashboard helps companies identify their physical risk exposure across their assets, portfolios, strategies, and operations using up-to-date climate science.
Our platform, designed in collaboration with Jupiter Intelligence, provides insights to help assess and manage climate-related risks and opportunities and inform key stakeholders of resilience under different scenarios.
Beyond our eight key physical climate perils, the Physical Climate Risk Dashboard supports scenario analysis for risk management and regulatory disclosures such as the TCFD and future SEC requirements. The Dashboard also provides invaluable forward-looking data through 2100 and across multiple warming scenarios, as well as asset-level spatial resolution capabilities up to 1 meter, ideal for real estate development, logistics, risk engineering, safety and operations, underwriting, and capital planning.Learn More
Putting ESG into action requires collaboration and expertise across topics that feed an overall ESG strategy. Our ESG-centered advisory offerings cover specific issues within your ESG program, including circular economy, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), and Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS), among many other topics. FORVIS' ESG & Climate Risk professionals support clients to assess current performance in these areas and design, implement, and manage existing and new programs. Our team brings industry-level insights while recognizing that each company has its objectives that need to be incorporated into the execution of their ESG initiatives.
- Circular Economy and Resource Efficiency Management
- DEI Assessment
- Corporate Social Responsibility Development
- EHS Support
- ESG Investment Policy and Process Development
- Life Cycle and Impact Assessments
- Sustainable Finance Methodology and Strategy
- B Corp Assessment and Certification Support
- Carbon Credit Advisory
- Capital and Green Financing Advisory
Sustainable Performance Improvement
Long-term sustainable value creation must align with delivering profitability and solving problems for people and our planet. Today’s most successful companies embrace sustainability and purpose, backing this up with transparency, authenticity, and credible actions that permeate the organization. This requires an understanding of existing performance across material ESG topics and deliberate future state target setting to achieve organizational objectives for ESG and overall business. ESG targets and goals need action plans and investment to demonstrate credibility and provide transparency to key stakeholders. Our offerings are designed to improve ESG performance sustainably, increase access to capital through ESG ratings, and provide transparency into how an organization will achieve its goals.
- Carbon Accounting (Scope 1, 2, & 3)
- Market Insight and Performance Analysis
- Peer Benchmarking and Competitor Analysis
- ESG Ratings Review and Management
- Sustainability Goal Setting
- Net Zero Strategy and Decarbonization Pathways
- Science-Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) Submission Support
- GHG Emissions Reduction Strategy
Corporate Data & Reporting
The push for ESG disclosures continues to accelerate as various stakeholders are interested in the ESG risks and the strategic responses of companies. ESG disclosures are central to providing senior management, investors, employees, regulators, and other stakeholders with the transparency and information they need to make informed decisions. Our team has deep ESG, financial, and regulatory reporting experience.
- ESG Data Sourcing Strategy
- ESG Internal Controls Readiness and Assurance
- Sustainability Reporting Copy and Design
- Data Governance and Data Quality Implementation
- ESG Data and Reporting Software Selection/Implementation
- Regulatory Disclosure Support and Requirements Management
- Sustainability KPI Identification and Dashboards