Buy-Side Due Diligence
When evaluating an acquisition, you need a team of professionals that understands the complexities of your pending transaction, and the experience that allows a consultative rather than a cookie-cutter approach. FORVIS’ buy-side due diligence is flexible and tailored to your specific needs. We will work with you to help determine the appropriate scope of work tailored to your thesis of the company’s value drivers. Typical areas of focus include:
- Understanding company background & value drivers
- Assessing the quality of earnings & cash flow
- Analyzing company historical performance
- Analyzing financial projections
- Understanding net working capital
- Analyzing balance sheet movements & quality
Sell-Side Due Diligence
If you’re selling a business, or even a piece of it, you also need to anticipate the risks and issues that will arise from the buyer’s perspective. Being prepared is the key to capturing the full strategic value of a sale. Our transaction services team can assist you in all phases of a divestiture. We offer insight to help prevent surprises from occurring later in the sales process and present information that’s clear, credible, and accurate.
Our sell-side due diligence services are:
- Flexible & tailored to your needs
- Focused on areas commonly addressed in buy-side diligence
- Complementary to your investment banker & auditors
Other Tax Diligence & Transaction Structuring
When contemplating a transaction, tax considerations should be paramount. FORVIS’ transaction tax team has experience helping buyers and sellers navigate the potential tax compliance exposures and design a favorable transaction structure.
Typical areas of focus include:
- Performing federal, state, & local, sales & use, & international tax due diligence to assess where successor tax liability risks could apply
- Reading & analyzing transaction structures & making recommendations on favorable post-closing organizational tax structures
- Modeling corporate, limited liability company, & partnership deal consequences
Investment Banking Advisors
The professionals of our investment banking arm have approximately 150 years of combined experience helping company owners plan for and execute their growth and exit strategies. From managing the sale of a company or negotiating the acquisition of a competitor to raising debt and equity capital to help improve financial and operational flexibility, our M&A investment banking services can help you develop a specific course of action for achieving your desired results.
Restructuring & Special Situations
We work with you to help develop practical solutions and prepare and implement a plan that coordinates the strategic, operating, and financial elements of recovery, reorganization, and restructuring.
A transaction does not end with the signing of the sale and purchase agreement. FORVIS transaction advisory professionals provide an array of offerings to help our clients navigate the complex issues that arise following the transaction closing. FORVIS strives to continue the relationship by providing audit, tax, valuation, performance improvement, and integration services after the deal closes.
FORVIS employs a top-down approach to business performance improvement that leverages a wide range of experience. Our approach includes an evaluation of key drivers of value: financial management, revenue growth, business enablement and value delivery.