Qualifying leads has become an intricate process. The process evolved as personalized marketing began creating more sales conversions than campaigns not targeting individual customer needs and wants. As a leading customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing automation systems provider, Salesforce engineered its Marketing Cloud Account Engagement engine to help qualify leads.
Here are eight ways Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement lead scoring and grading can help you prioritize your leads.
- To assess which prospects are both engaged and an ideal fit, implement Marketing Cloud Account Engagement lead scoring and lead grading.
- Lead scoring adds up the points a prospect gets when interacting with your content (video views, white paper downloads, landing page visits, completing a form, etc.). Each interaction, be it positive or negative, will help inform you about a prospect’s interests and intentions.
- Lead grading is how good a fit the prospect is for your organization. A person’s location, job title, product of interest, company size, industry type, and more can have values assigned to them that contribute to a prospect’s grade.
- Automation rules can be set to convert a prospect into a Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL) once certain criteria are met.
- Automation rules also can be set to convert a MQL into a Sales Qualified Lead (SQL) once certain criteria are met.
- Build an effective sales pipeline where your MQLs convert to SQLs at a preferred percentage and your SQLs lead to won deals. The example below shows 57% of MQLs converting to SQLs. This may be an indicator that the marketing team is supplying a healthy or desired amount of quality leads to the sales team.
- Marketing Cloud Account Engagement can be used to nurture leads as well.
- Work with your CRM and marketing automation partner to implement automation flows in your Marketing Cloud Account Engagement and Salesforce systems.
Every sales process is unique, but increased sales conversions are a universal goal. The Business Technology Solutions Team at FORVIS has certified experience with Salesforce systems. For help setting up your Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement lead scoring and grading, use the Contact Us form below.