In a 2022 FORVIS survey of rural telecom co-ops, 62% of participants reported they have received some form of grant award in the past three years, while only 2% were unaware that grant opportunities are available. Stay on top of rural broadband grant updates and accounting considerations and connect with a FORVIS trusted advisor to assist in this detailed process.
Need additional insights on broadband grant accounting? Check out our informative archived webinar, “Telecom Accounting Challenges & Strategies,” for broadband grant accounting considerations like:
- Upcoming Changes
- ASU 2021-10 (Topic ASC 832, Government Assistance)
- Additional Disclosures
- Grant model (IAS 20 – Accounting for Government Grants and Disclosure of Government Assistance)
- Contribution model (ASC Subtopic 958-605, Application of the Limited Discretion Indicator and Accounting for Cost-Sharing Provisions in a Grant Agreement)
- Grant Model/IFRS Alternative
- IAS 20
- Contribution Model/GAAP Alternative
- Deferred revenue
- Proceeds in aid of construction
- Regulated Operations
- Plus Key Takeaways!
For more resources, visit our Telecommunications webpage.