FORVIS delivers accountability, continuity, and responsiveness from a dedicated team of construction specialists.
The construction market swings widely, making strategic thinking vital for stability. Our FORVIS construction team combines sound accounting and financial performance with long-range vision to advise entities who want to build the asset value and operating income so critical for success.
Our experience is broad and our knowledge is deep. We work with all types of contractors, home builders, and closely held and private equity groups. Our team includes former construction CFOs and numerous construction-specific certifications. The Certified Construction Industry Financial Professionals accreditation exposes us to job costing and reporting, costing system design and implementation, bonding, insurance, contract law, finance, and safety.
To stay current with best practices, emerging industry trends, and legislative and regulatory activity, our construction advisors are active in many national trade associations. We study marketplace data to understand measurement-driven continuous improvement and how it reads in your P&L and balance sheet. Our insights into industry data and understanding of your own data guide our strategic thinking. We use your accounting, financial reporting, and operational metrics to benchmark your current position and assist with strategic options.
FORVIS provides confidence in your numbers. You depend on accurate, trustworthy information about your firm’s financial strength to make informed, well-founded decisions. Our assurance professionals take a proactive approach that includes candid and open communication to address your financial reporting needs. Our independence and objectivity help deliver the security and confidence you expect.
- Accounting/Costing System Design/Reviews
- Audits, Reviews, & Compilations (including for HUD)
- Contract Compliance
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits
- Feasibility Studies
- Financial Risk Management
- Internal Audits & Controls
- International Financial Reporting Standards
- Lease Accounting
- Outsourced Accounting
- Quality Reports for Boards, Audit Committees, & the Public
- System & Organizational Controls Reports
- Uniform Guidance/Single Audit & HUD
FORVIS’ approach to helping identify advantageous tax solutions allows you to plan while mitigating risk. And because virtually every financial decision can have tax implications, careful tax planning can make a big difference in the final outcome. We monitor state and federal legislative and regulatory activity and apply what we learn to our recommendations for reducing your corporate, partnership, and personal tax liabilities. Our experienced tax professionals provide responsive, personal service to help you comply with and take advantage of opportunities within the tax law.
- Alternative Minimum Tax
- Cost Segregation Studies
- Credits & Incentives
- Estate Tax Planning
- Passive Activity Compliance
- Planning, Preparation, & Filing for State, Local, Federal, & International Tax
- Qualified Property Zones
- Reverse Sales Tax Audits & Property Tax Reviews
- Section 179D Program for Deductions on Energy-Efficient Buildings
- Sustainability Tax Credits
- Tax-Free Exchanges
- Wealth Planning
Beyond tax, accounting, and regulatory compliance, FORVIS’ suite of advisory services addresses other planning and operational needs. We offer technical and planning solutions in digital transformation, cybersecurity, employee stock ownership plans, wealth management, and much more.
Our advisors start by listening to you. Then we methodically collaborate to address your pain points and reach your goals. Through the years, we can help you transition to new markets, structures, and leaders, each presenting challenges and opportunities. We draw from our knowledge bank of solutions to help you create competitive advantages and turn opportunities into success.
- Bonding, Insurance, & Licensing
- Budgets, Forecasts, & Projections
- Compensation Planning
- Contract Claims Consulting
- Cost System/Estimating Alignment
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans
- Environmental, Social, & Governance Advisory Services
- Executive Search
- Forensics & Litigation Support
- Government-Assisted & Government-Insured Property
- Like-Kind (1031) Exchanges
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Qualified Opportunity Zones
- Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Risk Management
- Strategic Planning
- Succession Planning
- Technology Planning & Support
- Transaction Services
Construction Quarterly by FORVIS
Our team of construction leaders gather around the table to discuss trending topics within the industry with the goal of expanding the conversation and share stories and insights from the contractor's perspective. Fueled by deep industry knowledge, we are proud to bring you this quarterly publication to keep you informed on this ever-changing industry.
We’re CPAs and advisors. Our FORVIS team of construction specialists apply their knowledge, sound judgment, and commitment to deliver solutions that meet your business and personal needs.