SUBSCRIBE: iTunes | Android | RSS
What tax changes are possible in 2022? Will we see any of the proposals included in Build Back Better incorporated into other legislation? Guest Travis Lucas returns to the podcast with host Damien Martin to cut through the static of the headlines in Washington, D.C. Here’s what they cover:
- Where are we right now?
- What’s the timeline and what’s possible in 2022?
- What rises to the top of the list of possibilities?
- How has the focus changed between the end of 2021 and now?
- How might a divided Congress impact the outlook for 2023 and 2024?
- Will we see SECURE 2.0?
- What’s Travis’ takeaway for listeners?
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR OUR GUEST
Travis Lucas is the managing principal at The Lucas Law Firm. A former trial court judge and frequently retained legal counsel, Travis has built a nationally recognized practice assisting clients on many corporate, tax, estate planning, and asset protection law matters over the past 20 years. Travis is a practicing attorney for entrepreneurs, corporations, nonprofit organizations, executive officers, and board of director leadership, among others, on specific legal and public policy matters. He has quarterbacked numerous commercial transactions, drafted tax law provisions, negotiated and closed complex deals, drafted asset protection bulwarks and sophisticated estate planning vehicles, and counseled many small to blue-chip organizations on corporate legal compliance matters.
Travis is a frequent lecturer on the law and the public policy behind the law, speaking to various legal and non-legal professional groups about twice a quarter, oftentimes presenting his lectures to hundreds at a time. He has been a teaching faculty member of the American Bar Association and Texas State Bar Association continuing legal education courses for practicing attorneys in addition to teaching professional continuing education seminars for non-attorneys ranging from corporate officers to physicians.
- Simply Tax Talks: Want to know more about what some of the legislative proposals or other developments might mean for your tax situation? Join host Damien Martin, Yelena (Bosovik) Sheremeta, and Tad Goodenbour for regularly scheduled 30-minute livestreams on YouTube. Get your questions answered live as we cover the latest developments, share thought-provoking insights, and offer strategies amid the uncertainty.
- Previous Simply Tax episodes with Travis:
GET MORE SIMPLY TAX®
We’re excited to also provide video content to strengthen your tax mind! Check it out on our
A complete archive of our episodes is available on our
We’d love to hear from you! Email feedback and questions to
Connect with Damien on social media!